indopsearfishing

Monday, July 28, 2014

Weekend in East bali

First day dive at the Rumpon (FAD) no luck seing any pelagic fish. I visited 20 Rumpon and the Visibility was poor. I shot few amberjack for the captain dinner and I give up.

The next day we went to the reef and try a new spot with pontential spanish mackerel but the area was protected by a village. so i kept a my distance from the area and hoping something will pass by but no luck.

Then I headed to the usual spot and saw few emperor but my bottom time was a mess. I couldn't stay long enough to wait for the emperor to get close. Instead i shot a good size grouper. The next spot is perfect  when the sun is almost set and the current is strong. All the big boys are hunting for bait fish.



I saw a giant grouper but it sprint like there is no tommorow. Saw more emperor but i miss the shot. Toward the end of my dive I reached  my favorite hiding spot next to a big rock. It took me 2 dive and the familiar sound of a big predator fish is coming and the fish started to scatter. 2 big bluefin trevally swim closer and closer to my direction. Took the shot at the biggest one and secure the fish quickly because i was surrounded by big rocks and reef. 

Spearfishing Bluefin Trevally


Then i try to find the other big guy but no luck and I call it a day. When i head back the local boys are ready with rice and sambal and the grill to cook the fish.





2 comments:

  1. u hv crazy happy life, man.
    I'm still fighting with stupid philippine growers for banana,
    will join you soon, maybe in sep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still waiting for the date? And we will go for a full week of diving.

      Delete